Our GPS150 (combination GPS & GLONASS) positioning sensor has been popular as a replacement GPS sensor for older Raymarine systems such as the RL, C and E series plotters and multi function displays. However, it uses NMEA data and it is necessary to locate and connect direct to a NMEA input port on the plotter.
Our new SeaTalk to NMEA interface can now be added to the system, converting the NMEA output of the GPS150 to a simple SeaTalk connection which can just tie in anywhere on the SeaTalk bus using the familiar red, yellow and black wiring.
The SeaTalk™ interface, originally developed by Autohelm in the early 1990’s, was included on pretty much all Autohelm and Raymarine (and some Raytheon) products up until about 2012. As a result there are thousands and thousands of boats around the world that have a SeaTalk 1 network and many owners need to replace their GPS.
What’s more the output from the converter can be connected to our NMEA-Wireless devices like the WLN10 so SeaTalk instrument data can be displayed on popular iPad and tablet apps – great for giving a facelift to your navigation display capabilities!
- SeaTalk-NMEA Converter and GPS150 bundle
- 50 channel precision GPS/GLONASS positioning sensor
- Just 75mm in diameter for the GPS antenna and designed to fit industry standard 1” mounts
- GPS antenna ultra tough, waterproof construction
- WAAS/EGNOS/SBAS enabled for sub 1m accuracy
- Ultra low 30mA power consumption
- Small but powerful bi-directional SeaTalk-NMEA converter
- Converter powered from the SeaTalk network
- Features reliable multi-stage transistor SeaTalk interface
- Opto-isolated NMEA0183 input and differential NMEA0183 output
- Converts all of the key navigational data
NOTE – SeaTalk™ is a registered trademark of Raymarine UK Limited