The AIT2000 is an AIS transponder class B. The VHF and GPS antennas are supplied with the product. It uses the latest AIS Transponder technology to squeeze more performance and interfacing options in to a housing that is half the size of our previous generation transponder.
This bundle is supplied with a compact 15cm Heliflex HA156 antenna, this is specifically tuned to AIS (162MHz) frequencies for optimal performance. It’s lightweight and has low windage and is supplied with a L bracket for easy installation onto any vertical surface. Includes 20m cable with BNC connector for AIS products.
Despite its compact size, performance is good. In fact, he Heliflex performed very well in an independent test conducted by “Sailing Today” – and their conclusion was: “It actually performed very well and almost managed to hold its own against the other larger 1m whip antennas”
This ultra-compact Class B Transponder has three outputs; NMEA 0183, NMEA 2000 and USB connection, allowing it to work with every AIS compatible chart plotter or software package on the market today. Featuring a remote silence button option, two NMEA 0183 Inputs and Outputs, four status LEDs and rugged vibration-proof mounting brackets, the AIT2000 is the third generation of Digital Yacht AIS transponder and replaces the very popular AIT1000.
For permanent USB connection to a PC or MAC, we recommend adding one of our NMEA to USB Adaptor cables, which provides an extra level of electrical isolation/protection against ground differences and static discharge.
Configuration of your vessel’s fixed data, such as MMSI, call sign, boat name, dimensions etc. is made easy with the included Windows and Mac compatible proAIS2 software*. Once configured, the unit will provide AIS data to a PC or Mac running suitable navigation software or a dedicated chart plotter, such as the latest Garmin, Raymarine, Navico, Standard Horizon and Furuno units.
As well as transmitting your own vessel’s position so that other AIS equipped vessels know where you are, the AIT2000, when connected to an existing VHF antenna (via a splitter) or dedicated AIS antenna, will receive all AIS targets within range of your boat – typically up to 30NM
With two industry standard NMEA 0183 outputs, our own N2Net connector for plugging in to an NMEA 2000 network and a simple plug and play USB connection to a PC, the AIT2000 is the perfect AIS transponder solution for all light marine vessels up to 300 tons.
* Except US where dealer programming required
- Latest generation AIS technology – featuring a brand new AIS transponder (Class B) design
- Ideal for use with existing plotter and radar systems
- Built-in high performance 50 channel GPS receiver (ideal also as a backup GPS)
- USB Interface for simple plug and play connection to a PC or Mac
- Includes N2Net interface and cable for connection to NMEA 2000 network
- High speed NMEA output (38,400 baud) – compatible with industry standard plotters
- Low Speed NMEA output (4,800 baud) – for providing GPS data to DSC VHF radio
- Low Speed NMEA Input (4,800 baud) – for multiplexing additional NMEA0183 data
- Comes complete with GPS antenna with integral 1”x14TPI thread mount
- Supplied with a compact 15cm Heliflex HA156 antenna, specifically tuned to AIS (162MHz) frequencies for optimal performance
- Remote Silence Switch option
- Supplied with programming software for user programming*
- Easy to install black box solution
NOTE – AIS target range, like VHF range is dependent upon a number of installation factors such as; antenna gain, antenna height and size of ground plane. Ranges in excess of 20 miles should be possible if all of these factors are perfect.