NMEA2000 has now become the de-facto standard throughout the marine electronics industry for the interconnection of devices. It uses a simple backbone (or sometimes called “trunk”) structure with requires, terminators, at each end of the cabling and then each device can be spurred off using a drop cable. The bus also requires power. Furthermore, waterproof connectors are used throughout for maximum reliability and it makes for an easy plug ‘n play installation. Therefore Digital Yacht introduced the NMEA2000 starter kit.
Digital Yacht’s NMEA2000 starter kit allows for up to 3 devices to interconnect – say AIS, plotter, and autopilot and comes complete with terminators and a power cable. It uses high-quality, nickel-plated metal-style connectors rather than the cheaper plastic-type which can prove unreliable. The backbone is formed from a unique 6-way extension block with ports at each end that accommodate the terminators. Therefore allows for a really neat and compact installation – ideal for behind the helm. It’s suitable for DIY installers as well as boat builders who want an easy and value-priced solution for integrating and installing modern boat electronics.
The connection system will work with all leading brands and can be expanded using standard components as required.
- NMEA2000 starter kit – Everything you need in one box
- Smart 4-Way T-Piece “Backbone”
- 1m (3ft) Power Cable with in-line fuse
- 1m (3ft) “Drop Cable”
- Pair of removable network terminators
- Connect up to three devices
- Standard “Micro C” connectors make it very easy for future network expansion
- Metal connectors and reduced T-Piece connections, improve reliability