Fitness bands aren’t just for the young, active and healthy anymore.
For starters the assumption that people over 40 are technologically challenged is as relevant today as a VCR in your home. It’s not about know how or technology with a fitness band it is how it is presented. The same can be said about apps and an increasing willingness to use them
Walk down to cater road or Joggers Park in Bandra and you will notice middle aged men and women with the latest fitness bands from Garmin, Fitbit and Jawbone. Gyms are no exception in this regard, stats are key to any form of measured improvement.
An impromptu survey revealed what made for a great Fitness band
• More than 60% stated that matrixes like blood pressure, heart rate and temperature were vital
• GPS was another crucial aspect
• Look: Black was the generally preferred
• Brands: Garmin & Fitbit were the most common
• Smartwatches: For a lack of battery life weren’t relevant
Reasons for this greater adoption & engagement with technology can be attributed to people being more focusses and aware about chronic diseases.
Secondly, this age group has adopted mobile technology at a rate which we had not expected, and most of these activity trackers use the smartphone or tablet as a hub device
We hope this information proves useful